Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

STEM Education and Aviation

I want to share worthy news from the general aviation community about the global advancement of STEM education.
http://generalaviationnews.com/2014/02/11/think-global-flight-to-embark-from-sun-n-fun/

Through the efforts of the Think Global Flight Crew, Captain Judy Rice and Navigator Fred Nauer, this notable flight will launch on April 3, 2014. Astronaut Buss Aldrin, a VIP supporter of the Think Global Flight, offers, “Back when I was privileged to be a part of the Apollo program, the USA was #1 in science and technology fields.  No one had ever heard of STEM because we were at the top. Unfortunately today America is falling behind other countries. STEM is exactly the focus of Think Global Flight (TGF) reaching over 20,000 students and why I strongly support Captain Judy and TGF. I am looking forward to joining the official launch on April 3 from the SUN ‘n FUN airshow in Lakeland, Florida. In addition, I will celebrate a repeat of my T-6 solo flight in 1951 at Gilbert field in the TGF Cirrus with Captain Judy.”

I applaud the significance of their contributions and wish them much success. 


http://www.amazon.com/Reaching-Polaris-Jean-Chardon-ebook/dp/B00EISN8TK
   

No comments:

Post a Comment